Slovak Genealogy Assistance
The oldest genealogy research and guide services in Eastern Slovakia
My name is Stefan and I am a Slovak professional genealogist. I established the business with my son who is also the professional genealogist and now the business owner. We have 27 years of experience doing genealogy research.
Your visit at our homepage shows that we have a common interest - genealogy.
It is fascinating to explore one's roots, to learn about the ancestors and the places where they lived. Naturally, not all of you have the opportunity to trace their roots in original and unique files over here in Slovakia. If this is the case, we would like to help you. We specialize in the research in the Eastern Slovakia territory (Spis county, Saris county, Zemplin county, Abov-Turna county, Gemer county and Uz county), which was the part of Austria - Hungary Empire, but we are able to help you with genealogy research in other parts of Slovakia, Czech Republic and Hungary as well.
Our services are for people requiring knowledge, experience and quality. They are for people who require significantly higher quality of the research than the standard commonly available in Slovakia.
Our knowledge, experience and quality of work are required by many reputable genealogy agencies (ancestry.com and others), the institutions (The Embassy of the USA in the Slovak Republic and others), the universities (University of Alabama at Birmingham and others) but also for genealogy TV series (Who Do You Think You Are (US)?) and the historical documents (Howling with the Angels and others).
We also provide genealogy travel guidance in Slovakia for those who want to know more about their family directly here in the country of your ancestors. We combine in-depth genealogical research with journeys “back to the roots”. We can provide the worth connection between the Old World and the New World. In the words of our clients, we provide valuable genealogical information, documents and personal experience directly here in Slovakia.
You are welcome to have a look at our page and if you find there anything I
can do for you, don't hesitate to get in touch with a professional
genealogists who put all their skills and experiences at your disposal in
order to satisfy you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Stefan Conka & son
(Kosice / Eastern Slovakia)
The fields where we can help you
Slovakia ancestry tours
If you plan to come to Slovakia to find your relatives or do research, ask for a professional means saving money and time. During your stay, We can go with you to Slovakia archives, parish offices, municipal offices, libraries, your ancestors' villages and make you benefit from our knowledge of the surroundings. This personal help will enable you to follow your ancestors' tracks in the best conditions.
We provide also exclusive qualified guided tours and trips in Slovakia. Our personalized service guarantees that your tour will be unique and enjoyable experience.
Conducting research on your ancestors
Undoubtedly, you are acquainted with the parish records as well as birth, marriage and death certificates which represent the usual sources of genealogy. However, we are able to go deeper into such information, that is to say that we can find documents on your ancestors' every day life, whatever their social background. We conduct a research in Slovakia archives (State archive in Kosice, State archive in Presov, State archive in Levoca, and others). The main list you can find here. Apart from different Slovakia genealogy sources we work in Czech archives, Hungary archives but also in the parish offices, churches, municipal offices and others institutions and sources which save unique documents and information.
Compiling a family documentation
- Birth, marriage and death certificates, census records, church and diocese records, military records, tax records, school records, property records, police records, landowner records, wills, passenger ship records, business records and more depending on the locality and funds of Slovakia archives, Czech archives, Hungary archives, Austria archives and other institutions of these countries.
Searching the oldest documents
- Have you finished genealogical research of your family? What are the oldest documents, which you have about your ancestors? Would you like to have the older ones, which will be treasured, by you and your family for generations to come? We have a lot of experiences in looking for these documents.
Finding living relatives
Have you a long lost Slovak relative who may now live in this country? Our tracing service successfully reunites families living abroad with their relatives in Slovakia.
- There comes a point in the research when most of us want to know more about the place where our ancestors lived, particularly if we are intending to write any sort of family history. A complete genealogy guide to your locality in Slovakia including maps, images, a description of the coat of arms, historical background of your locality, list of available records and books written about the area, articles photocopied from reference books, telephone directories and other information specific to the area.
Providing photographs and video
- When you study the photos of your ancestors' home village you are transported to the heart of your ancestors' life. It will be a journey into past - the house where they spent their last years, the original stone wall from the house of their birth, church where your relations were married, the school, the houses and streets they knew, cemetery where they were laid to rest, the landscape they called home. These photos will became a part of you, and connect you to your ancestors and to their homeland in an intimate way, across the hundreds of years and the sea. You will receive very valuable thing. It will provide the missing link in your chain of family - the link that solders the broken place in your own identity.
Tracing missing heirs and beneficiaries
- Often a situation arise where genealogical research is needed to locate missing heirs, next of kin to an estate. In intestate cases there may be no known heirs. In some testate cases there may be a legal heir who cannot be located, or who is deceased. We locate missing and unknown heirs for executors, administrators, attorneys, probate research firms, personal representatives and others. In each case, the proper documentation will be provided to establish legal descent.
- We provide our genealogy services to individuals, institutions and organizations: universities, societies, libraries, etc. Our next special services include genealogy lectures, assistance with writing books (genealogical, historical, dictionaries etc.), making documentaries, copying documents and books of our personal archive and others. Our services and archive have been used for various genealogy projects together with next respectable sources as Steven Spielberg archive and others.
We provide Hungary and Czech naturalization services to people whose ancestors came from this territory. We will obtain for you appropriate kind of the documents. Apart from this we will take care about all steps that have to be done here for obtaining Czech or Hungary passport.
After the research is done you will receive highly professional result with the maximum of the information about your ancestors. You obtain professional report containing results, sources, special research maps and the suggestions for further research, if appropriate. Furthermore, you obtain material such as photocopies, photographs, maps etc., if ordered and available.
What people are saying about our work
We try hard always to give the best we can to make an exceptional value for our clients.
Below are comments received, that prove our effort.
You can check each of these e-mails!
If you wish, it is possible to contact our clients!
- I had searched for many years for the marriage license for my maternal Grandparents. I hired a man in Slovakia to help with the search but it was unsuccessful.
Later I hired Rado Conka to help with the search and Rado found it. ... I recommend without reservation that anyone interested in conducting research in Eastern Slovakia hire Stefan and Rado Conka.
- Ch. S., Ellicott City, Maryland
- Our trip was absolutely amazing because of you.
- S. C., Spring, Texas
- I am absolutely thrilled with your report! Excellent! I am particularly impressed with what you were able to discover.
- E.S., Fishers, Indiana
- Your report arrived today and it is difficult to release it from my hands. It is captivating. Your research is excellent.
- J.L., Benicia, California
- You've done a fantastic job... Thanks again for all your help!
- Ch. J., Boulder, Colorado
- I cried when I saw what you had sent.... Thank you.
- D. D., Westerville, Ohio
- This is a fantastic report, Stefan, and has much more detail than I thought you would be able to find. Thank you very much!
- D.S., Los Angeles, California
- Your work is superb. I thank you so much... Again, the job you did for me is awesome!
- D.J., Sunnyvale, California
- Stefan does great work. Pity I didn’t know about him earlier. It’s great to have such a contact.
- D.P., Embassy of the U.S.A. in Bratislava, Slovakia
- You did an excellent job.
- R.S., Frankfort, Michigan
- It is amazing and contains far more information than I could have ever imagined or hoped for. Your diligence and persistence in seeking out the relevant information and sorting through the records and making the family connections has provided me with a treasure beyond belief.... I cannot thank you enough for providing this wonderful and detailed insight into my ancestors.
- B.E., Severna Park, Maryland
- Your news brings me great joy! ... I can hardly contain my joy! Many thanks for all your wonderful help.
- J.Ch., Mountainside, New Jersey
- Wonderful. ... Stefan, thanks again for your excellent research.
- R. C., Summit, New Jersey
- I just cannot thank you enough for all you have done. May God always be with you and the good work you do.
- N.G., Demotte, Indiana
- It was wonderful to read your report. My mother was overwhelmed.
- L. G., Reno, Nevada
- Thank you for the excellent information and analysis.
- F.P., Binghamton, New York
- With many thanks for your speedy and expert assistance once again.
- C.S., London, England
- I have used the services of Stefan Conka for the past two years and am extremely satisfied with the quality of his work. He is neat, thorough, and accurate and has discovered much about my family that I thought I could never find. I do not hesitate to recommend him to others and I authorize Stefan to use my name as an endorsement on his web page or to use me as a reference for others to contact me regarding his work.
- E.M., Willoughby, Ohio
- I am very happy with your work. ... Again thanks for the great job.
- J.R., Celina, Ohio
- J.O., Minneapolis, Minnesota
- I want to thank you and express my admiration for the clear and professional manner in which you organized the information. ... I truly appreciate working with a genealogist who is (as one must be) so meticulous.
- D.C., Winnetka, Illinois
- Both my wife and I are extremely pleased with your report on our family.
- R.S., McMurray, Pennsylvania
- I was very well pleased with your work and I was able to fill in a lot of blanks that I had. ... Thank you again for a great job well done.
- M.S., Lake City, Florida
- The report that you compiled and sent is fascinating... I would like to pay you again to do some additional research.
- J. S., Louisville, Kentucky
- You did wonderful work.
- L.S., Julian, North Carolina
- I want you to know I am impressed with your thoroughness and the level of detail you provided. I can appreciate how complex things can be with people with the same name living at the same address.
- G.W., Vinton, Virginia
- Thanks again for the great work, we are very satisfied with the results.
- J.K., Gaertringen, Germany
- It is all so interesting. ...Thank you again for the wonderfull work you have done for me, very much appreciated.
- M. F., Beaudesert, Australia
- It has been a pleasure working with you!
- R.M., London, England
- I can't thank you enough for helping me find my great great grandfather's birth record from 1867. You have been so professional, honest and diligent- and the results have exceeded my expectations. I really hope I have another reason to hire you again!
- N. M., Los Angeles, California
- Thank you again for your help and explanations, you are great! I have recommended you to several other people!
- L. S., North Ridgeville, Ohio
- You did a wonderful job on the research.
- M.G., Salt Lake City, Utah
- Thank you for your excellent help. We are happy with the research you have done for us.
- L.S., Westminster, California
- Stefan Conka did an outstanding job researching my family heritage. Both my parents were born in Slovakia and Stefan was very efficient in locating their official records and tracing my family's history. He is very trustworthy and dependable. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs assistance tracing their family history.
- W.H., Columbus, Ohio
- I happy with your thoroughness.
- J.J., Aurora, Illinois
- Thank you for doing such an excellent job...I am very impressed with the work you did.
- F.H., Severna Park, Maryland
- You do very nice work.
- K.K., Clifton, New Jersey
- I can't thank you enough for all of your help. I would've never found the records so quickly without your assistance!
- R. R., Baltimore, Maryland
- I can't thank you enough. ... Thank you so much for all your efforts. You have done terrific work.
- D.P., New York City, New York
- It is impressive....You do wonderful work.
- M. L., Lake Luzerne, New York
- I thought you would like to know that your research helped us match up two trees in the US.
- G.G., Charlotte, North Carolina
- Thank you for this excellent work.
- D.M., Staten Island, New York
- Thank you so much for the wonderful news... I am very pleased with the professional job you have done. ... You have done a great job. ... You may provide my name as a reference to potential clients. They can contact me
- M.S., Vineland, New Jersey
- I am very satisfied with the work you did and would be happy to work with you again in the future.
- K.P., Rochester, Minnesota
- I was very impressed with the quality of information you were able to obtain.
- S.M., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- It is of great interest that you went into such great detail on those families.
- I.G., Charleston, South Carolina
- I cannot tell you how happy and touched I was when I got your package. Your research is so precise and so well done. Thank you so so very much.
- J.B. Birmingham, Alabama
- That is excellent work, thanks.
- N.K. London, U.K.
- Thank you for your research I am very happy with it. I would like to discuss doing some more research.
- M. B., Campbell, Ohio
- THANK YOU! ... There is a lot of great information there.
- R.O., New Rochelle, New York
- You did a very thorough and excellent job. Thank you very much!... Again, I would like to say you did a very good job. Thanks.
- Ch. N., Brooks, Kentucky
- Very interesting!!!!
- J. B., Los Angeles, California
- I received your research report and documentation today. There is much more here than I expected and I appreciate and thank you for your extra efforts. ... I commend you for your fine work.
- S.I., Newton, New Jersey
- Thank you for all the information that you gathered. My family has found it fascinating.
- E.M., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Very much enjoyed your research results. As I said before great work in making the family connections.
- B.C., Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- I want to thank you for your awesome work!
- J.C., Sunnyvale, California
- In looking over the report you've presented, I couldn't be happier. The wealth of information, is nothing short of incredible. …. Again, I am overjoyed in reading the report.
- B.H., Grabill, Indiana
- Wow! This is a lot of information! Amazing work - really!
- S. T., Frisco, Texas
- You did a wonderful job getting so much information....This side of the family was not known about for a very long time.
- Ch.M. Branson, Missouri
- I'm now looking through all of the information you sent, this is awesome to see!
- D.S. Simpsonville, South Carolina
- My wife and I both think you have done a wonderful job for us and we are very pleased with the work.
- J.L. Duncan, Canada
- Thank you for your excellent work.
- G.T., Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
- I just wanted to say that the research you did was just awesome! All the detail you were able to find…I can’t stop reading and re-reading it!.... Thank you SO much again! This is just wonderful!
- M.L., Curtisville, Pennsylvania
- These results are fantastic - thank you so much
- J. F., Holt, Michigan
- Thank you so much! ... You were able to find so much more than I ever could have on my own.
- D.B., Willoughby, Ohio
- You always do a wonderful job.
- K.P., Lake Park, Georgia
In case of your interest, you can ask for more references.
WE GUARANTEE THE SAME HIGH QUALITY OF OUR RESEARCH FOR EVERYONE!
Code of Ethics
How to begin
In order to provide greatest confidence and efficiency a research usually takes the following steps:
1. You send your request
Containing the target of your research (searching for ancestors, living relatives etc.), and as far as known: names, dates, and places regarding your "dead end". In order to determine relevant sources, the religious confession is also very helpful to know. Please provide as much relevant information as possible to ensure that we do not spend time researching known facts. This may be gained from family documents or even just from family stories. All can help with pinpointing an individual. The response to your request does not cause any financial or other commitment. It is absolutely free.
2. We check for the research possibilities
Based on the information you would provide us, we conduct a preliminary research, to find out if there are relevant sources available, where they are kept, and check the chances for a successful research. If we suspect a search is impossible or unlikely to yield a result we will inform you about it. It is absolutely free as well.
3. We make you a proposal
Provided that there are promising sources available, we send you a proposal containing details on what results can be expected, cost, and time schedule.
4. Your decision
Based on the proposal you are able to estimate results and costs, and take the decision whether to start a research or not.
5. We do the research
The duration of the research depends entirely on the amount of information you wish. You are always kept informed of the progress being made and how the fee is being spent.
6. You send the payment
After the research is done, you obtain a brief summary on the results. Only then you are expected to send the funds.
7. You obtain the results
After we receive the funds, we send the research report including all attachments, such as copies of original documents, family records, photographs, maps etc. to you.
You can get in touch with us by mail:
040 22 Kosice
or you can send us a message by e-mail, at:
or through the new facebook page at:
from which you will receive news posted on the site and will be in touch with us by clicking on the LIKE button.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Please add this Page to your Favorites for future reference.